About NorCal APWA
The American Public Works Association (APWA) is an international educational and professional association of public agencies, private sector companies and individuals dedicated to providing high quality public works goods and services.
Chartered in 1937, APWA is the largest and oldest organization of its kind in the world with over 28,000 members. The Association currently consists of 67 Chapters throughout North America of which the NORTHERN CALIFORNIA CHAPTER is one.
The NORTHERN CALIFORNIA CHAPTER covers eleven counties in northwest California. San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Solano, Napa, Sonoma, Lake, Mendocino, Humboldt, and Del Norte.
Formed in 1947, the NORTHERN CALIFORNIA CHAPTER was the first APWA Chapter "west of the Mississippi."
We typically meet the fourth Thursday of the month and are always looking for volunteers. Please check our events page for upcoming workshops.
What We Do:
- Monthly workshop meetings (except July) including Guest speakers on timely topics.
- Staff Appreciation & Awards luncheon recognizing outstanding staff and managers on a chapter and a national level. (August) Stay tuned for registration options.
- Annual public works agency internships (Summer.)
- Educational seminars and satellite video teleconferences.
- Technical field trips.
- E-Blast and Website Updating with listings of seminars and job availabilities.
- Annual awards program for projects and contractors in Public Works (February).
- National Public Works Week activities (May).
- Holiday Party with East Bay Municipal Engineers (December).
- Joint meetings with other associations (ASCE, North Bay Engineers, EBME, MSA).
- Committee activities (technical and non-technical).
- Northern California Public Works Conference - annual 2-day seminar on repair and maintenance in Public Works (November) Stay tuned for registration options or to be an exhibitor.
- Emerging Leaders quarterly gatherings.
- Scholarship Fundraising Golf Tournament jointly held with MSA (July.)
- See our Annual Report prepared by Joubin Pakpour, Chapter Delegate.
- Check out photos from our latest events.
- Latest Job Announcements.
- Learn more about the Public Works Institute Click here for more info.
Become a Northern CA Chapter Member Click here for membership application.
- Check out the members library. (Coming soon.)
- Chapter Liaisons to APWA Committees and Programs.
- Join us at our next executive committee meeting!